Replacement Volume and PU Selector Hardware

Replacement Volume and PU Selector Hardware

Hi guys, I am new here and this is my first post.

I own a few Music Man guitars, 1st gen Luke, a Reflex and the limited edition Steve Morse guitar. They have all been great guitars except for the volume pots and the PU selectors. The Steve Morse needed a new PU selector after about a month of barely using it. Instead of a distinct click between PU’s it’s loose and you have a hard time figuring out which PU you are using other than the sound. The volume is super scratchy now too. I had my guitar guys replace the PU selectors and Volume pots on the Luke and the Reflex. I also added a Graftec bridge on the Reflex and am planning on replacing the guts on my Steve Morse as well as the Reflex that needs a new volume pot again.

I emailed and let them know my feelings on the subject. “Stop putting cheap hardware on these nice guitars.”

Anyway, my question is is there any after market PU and Volume pots you guys suggest to replace the cheap ones Music man puts in? I’m not guitar wiring expert so I don’t know if PU selectors are that interchangeable. I would imagine Volume pots are pretty interchangeable.

Any help would be appreciated.

read more