Electro-Harmonix Introduces Canyon Delay/Looper Pedal
The Canyon delivers delay times of 5 milliseconds to three seconds and includes tap tempo with tap divide that can be controlled by the built-in footswitch or an external footswitch.
It is also equipped with a Tails switch that allows the user to choose whether echoes repeat or stop immediately when the pedal is switched to bypass.
The Canyon’s 11 modes are:
1. ECHO – Digital Delay
2. MOD – Modulated Delay: Modulation is added to give the delayed tone complexity and warmth.
3. MULTI – Multi-tap Delay: Each repeat occurs at exactly the same volume
4. REVRS – Reverse Delay: The echoes play in reverse. This is an intelligent reverse echo that analyses what’s being played for optimal accuracy
5. DMM – Deluxe Memory Man: A faithful emulation of the tone of the famous EHX bucket brigade, analog delay pedal
6. TAPE – Tape Delay: Simulates analog tape echoes including tape wow and flutter.
7. VERB – Reverb plus Delay: Each echo has plate reverb applied to it.
8. OCT – Octave Delay: Each repeat is progressively shifted up one octave
9. SHIM – Shimmer: Effect generates a rich octave-shifted wash of harmony
10. S/H – Sample and Hold: Senses a guitar being plucked and produces echoes indefinitely until another pluck is sensed
11. LOOP – Looper with up to 62 seconds of looping time.
The Canyon Delay & Looper also features powerful yet intuitive “hidden” parameters accessible thru its Secondary Knob Mode that enable the player to take greater control over its effects. The pedal comes equipped with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply, is available now and features a U.S. List Price of $185.40.
For more information, visit ehx.com.