EVH Honors Innovative Spirit with Striped Series ‘78 Eruption
EVH introduces the Striped Series ‘78 Eruption, an ode to Eddie Van Halen’s lifelong love affair with DIY guitar modifications and the ways in which his innovative spirit inspired players around the globe.
Front and centre is perhaps Eddie’s most infamous personal flourish—the striped paint job, and for this guitar in particular, the design is rendered in a striking black and white colour scheme. In addition, the ‘78 Eruption features a comfortable quartersawn maple neck, 22 jumbo frets for acrobatic runs, and a signature EVH Wolfgang® humbucking bridge pickup that can stand up to scorching distortion and high volumes, and can sing with the volume rolled off, plugged into nothing besides a clean amp.
- Stratocaster® style basswood body
- Bolt-on quartersawn maple neck with relicing
- 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets
- Brass nut
- Reliced EVH® Wolfgang humbucking bridge pickup
- Six-saddle vintage Stratocaster® synchronized tremolo bridge with 43mm brass block
- White skirted Strat-style volume knob with 500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot and treble bleed circuit
- EVH-branded neck plate and oversized strap buttons
- Black pickguard, reliced chrome hardware and oversized ‘70s-style licensed Fender Strat headstock with gold EVH logo
- Available in white with black stripes and a reliced finish.
Follow along with EVH master builder Chip Ellis as he shows you how to get the “Ed Setup” on the new EVH Striped Series ’78 Eruption here.
EVH® Striped Series ’78 Eruption ($1,899.99 USD, £1,269.00 GBP, €1,409.00 EUR, $3,699.00 AUD, ¥275,000 JPY) The all-new EVH® Striped Series ’78 Eruption guitar combines many of Eddie Van Halen’s famed mods along with modernized features and a relic treatment e. The Stratocaster®-style body sports Eddie’s famed white-and-black-striped paint job and has been paired to a quartersawn maple neck with a hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish. The 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets was designed for fast and furious playing styles with maximum comfort, while a heel-mount truss rod wheel makes for time-saving neck adjustments. A single EVH Wolfgang® humbucking bridge pickup provides classic Eddie Van Halen guitar tone – from crystal cleans to fat and rich mids and lows, while the brass nut and six-saddle vintage Fender® Stratocaster® synchronized tremolo bridge with a 43mm brass block allow for authentic EVH tone. Available in White with Black Stripes Relic.
The post EVH Honors Innovative Spirit with Striped Series ‘78 Eruption appeared first on Music Instrument News.