Meris unveils MercuryX – Modular Reverb System
Audio Distribution Group are excited to announce that Meris has unveiled a game-changing new product, the MercuryX – Modular Reverb System.
With brand founder Terry Burton and lead DSP engineer Angelo Mazzocco having achieved ground breaking work at industry leaders Strymon and Line 6 respectively, the team have now poured their passion for audio into both the algorithms and hardware of this new pedal, helping to create an industry class-defining reverb product in the process.
MercuryX combines 8 stunning Meris reverb algorithms – two fine-tuned from Meris’ coveted Mercury7 pedal, three completely new custom reverbs and three from the sought-after CXM1978, which was made in collaboration with Chase Bliss.
With the same modular architecture and UI introduced with the brand’s LVX Delay pedal, Mercury X gives an immediate, intuitive user interface and experience, providing the ultimate creative freedom and control for crafting previously unheard reverb soundscapes.
Scheduled to begin shipping from Audio Distribution Group very soon, MercuryX orders are being taken now and will be served on a first come first served basis!
The Meris MercuryX takes the heart and soul of Mercury7 and expands it far beyond sci-fi into the highest quality and most flexible studio reverb ever created in a pedal format. Its modular reverb system format breaks the paradigm of pre-set reverb types and inspires new discoveries. MercuryX features the same easy to use UI as LVX, making it immediately intuitive to navigate.
All of their passion for pro audio has made it into both the algorithms and hardware performance of this pedal. MercuryX combines 8 custom Meris reverb algorithms and incorporates those into a modular system architecture that first introduced with the award winning LVX pedal. It features discrete processing elements and control signal modifiers that can be connected as desired for infinite flexibility in crafting custom reverbs.
- Modular Reverb System architecture pedal
- 8 Custom Meris Reverbs
- Ultraplate: adapted from Mercury7 – an inspiring and lush plate with a fast build
- Cathedra: adapted from Mercury7 – a massive and ethereal algorithm with a slow build, perfect for scifi textures
- 78 Room: a flexible algorithm that can be voiced to replicate both the amp based reverb sounds and the classic studio spring tanks
- 78 Plate: a lively and direct sound – great for transforming static sounding virtual amps into a great amp live in the room with you
- 78 Hall: a large hall with a medium build up of reflections -great for building up ambient walls of sound
- Spring: a flexible algorithm that can be voiced to replicate both amp based reverb sounds and classic spring tanks
- Prism: a dual tank that allows you to build your own geometric rooms by specificying the size and distance and reflectivity
- Gravity: works by accelerating indivual windows of your signal and stretching them across – great for adding padlike textures beneath to your sound
- Expanded 2.54 secs of Stereo Predelay with modular Feedback Routing Location
- Advanced ARM Processor
- Configurable Reverb Structures, Types, and Processing Elements for the ultimate customization
- Intuitive Color Screen based User Interface
- Expressive Hold Modifier Switch for on the fly control
- 99 Preset Locations in 33 Banks
- Favorite Preset Bank for instant access to your 3 favorite presets
- Instant Access Tuner with configurable Reference and Output mode
- Deep Modifier Section lets you route control signals to processing parameters
- New Independent Stereo Freeze alongside reverb
- Gate Envelope Controls for every reverb type
- All New Processing Elements including 79 Chorus, Vibrato, Vowel Mod, Tremolo, Hazy Lo-Fi and more
- Selectable Note Divisions for each side of the stereo Predelay
- Digitally controlled Analog mix bus
- Stereo input and output with separate jacks for each
- Switchable input/output headroom level for Instrument or Synthesizer / Line levels
- MIDI In and Out over standard MIDI Din Jacks
- Assignable Expression Pedal control for multiple parameters simultaneously
- Dedicated Expression Pedal Jack
- MIDI implementation for Continuous Control Parameters
- MIDI Preset Send and Receive
- MIDI beat clock synchronization
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA with 32 bit floating point DSP
- Premium Analog Devices JFET input section
- Dimmable screen and logo light
- Designed and built in California, U.S.A.
- Powered by standard 9V power (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm –~ 280 mA current draw)
Each of MercuryX’s 8 Reverb Structures has Gate controls that can be used to dial in a range of gated reverb effects including the classic percussive gate sound, reverse tail reverb sounds, and slow breathing textures. Similar to the Dry Blend control of the Predelay, each Reverb Structure features a Predelay Blend control that allows you to put some or all of the predelay reflections in parallel with the reverb tank.
We hope MercuryX will be the most powerful and at the same time, the most intuitive reverb you’ve ever used. Transcend to New Worlds.
GBP ERP: £629
Available: Mid-End October
The post Meris unveils MercuryX – Modular Reverb System appeared first on Music Instrument News.