Update on Erica Synths Pērkons HD-01
Erica Synths has secured all necessary parts for production run of second batch, despite component and supply chain challenges.
Riga, Latvia, July 7, 2022 — Erica Synths announces production updates to Pērkons HD-01, its unique live production and sound design desktop instrument. Firstly, despite global shortages, the company has secured all the necessary parts for production of the second batch. This has been a challenge, since micro-controller cost has increased ten times — yet the price of Pērkons HD-01 has only slightly increased to 1700 EUR / 2059 USD respectively.
Other important updates:
- The first batch of Pērkons HD-01 has completely sold out.
- Orders made before June 22 will ship in August / September
- Orders made after June 22 will ship starting October, assuming no manufacturing delays occur.
Meantime, two new videos from Erica Synths have now published: a sound demo and a video overview of Pērkons HD-01 – see below:
More on Pērkons HD-01
It’s rather sudden– the bolt of lightning strikes quickly, but the roar follows behind, as if giving one time enough to inhale. Finally, it strikes your ears like the skies breaking apart and in all its magnificence it rides the wind. PĒRKONS – a deity of old known by many names and also by ours on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea – THUNDER, lord of the skies. We at Erica Synths proudly present our newest creation – PĒRKONS (THUNDER) – a drum machine and synthesizer that will change your approach to electronic rhythm synthesis – an instrument which bears the weight of a storm beneath its sturdy casing.
PĒRKONS features four sonically versatile hybrid voices (digital sound engine + analogue multimode filter with overdrive) and a sequencer with simultaneous control over all four percussion tracks.
Each voice has 3 sound engine modes, a HP/BP/LP filter and 8 controls for nuanced sound design, including an internal BBD FX send. All voice parameter settings can be saved as KITS. To add dynamics to the performance, parameter automation is implemented and a modulation LFO can be assigned to all parameters.
For a real thunderstorm, integration with external gear is considered – each voice has a dedicated trigger input, individual output and FX send and return with 6.3mm jack sockets, along with extensive MIDI implementation. All voices are summed and run through a built-in compressor.
PĒRKONS HD-01 is a unique live performance and sound design instrument that tears down the borders between drum machine, synthesizer and drone instrument. Time to ride the skies!
- 4 hybrid voices (digital sound engine and analogue multimode filter with overdrive)
- 8 controls per voice
- External trigger inputs for each voice
- Individual voice outputs
- Individual FX sends and returns
- Master FX send and return
- 64 kit and 64 pattern memory + additional memory on the SD card
- Built-in BBD emulation and a compressor
- Modulation LFO with morphing waveforms; up to 8 modulation destinations per voice
- 4 track sequencer, 4 time divisions and 4 time multiplications per track
- Per-step ratchets and probabilities
- Shuffle & groove settings for each track
- MIDI IN and MIDI OUT
For more information on Pērkons HD-01, please visit the Erica Synths product page.
About Erica Synths
Erica Synths team of visionaries, engineers and musicians have been working hard to bring you modules and instruments that will set your modular system apart from mass in terms of how it sounds, looks and functions.
The post Update on Erica Synths Pērkons HD-01 appeared first on Music Instrument News.