Fender launches new entry level US made ‘American Performer’ series
Fender has replaced its US-made American Special models with a new range it’s calling the American Performer Series. Made in the Corona, California plant, the new instruments will debut at NAMM 2018 in January (though they are available immediately, Fender says). the range comprises:
- American Performer Stratocaster
- American Performer Stratocaster HSS
- American Performer Telecaster
- American Performer Telecaster HUM
- American Performer Mustang
- American Performer Jazzmaster
- American Performer Precision Bass
- American Performer Jazz Bass
- American Performer Mustang Bass
Notable are the inclusion of the Mustang, Mustang Bass and Jazzmaster as US made models in this price range.
Key features for the newcomers include:
- Newly designed Alnico Yosemite pickups:
- DoubleTap coil splitting humbucking pickups that don’t reduce volume in single coil mode
- ClassicGear vintage-style drop-in replacement tuners with an 18:1 ratio
- Enhanced electronics including a push-pull pot and a ‘Greasebucket’ circuit to cut treble without loss of gain. Players can also add a neck pickup or tap the humbucking pickup via a push button.
MSRPs will range from £999 for a base model American Performer Stratocaster to £1,149 for Jazz and Precision basses.
The post Fender launches new entry level US made ‘American Performer’ series appeared first on Music Instrument News.