Is this an original MM Axis?
I’m looking for an Axis guitar, preferably an original EBMM, but there are not many locally. I found on the local classified one that could be an original, but I’m not sure; hence I need your help identifying it.
I’ve been wanting one for years, but I could never found one in my price range. And I was not too sure about buying an OLP or a Sterling.
I’ve attached the pictures from the ad and I have a few observations:
- The top is not flamed maple, but I don’t know if this is optional
- The neck is not figured but seems plain maple, I also don’t know if this is optional
- The locking parts are missing from the nut, I guess this can be replaced.
- The headstock says “Ernie Ball MUSICMAN Axis Super Sport”, to my knowledge the AXIS comes with HH locking trem and a single volume, but the SUPER SPORT, has a normal trem and tone control. Again, I don’t know if this is optional.
- Says it has Seymour Duncan pickups, I know the AXIS comes with Cusmot DIMARZIOS, but pickups can be easily changed. Any idea where to get another DIMARZIO?
Everything else seems ok to me, but I’ve never had or played a EBMM before, so I cannot judge.
It is not my dream guitar, as I had imagined with an all maple neck-fretboard, a flame or quilted top and a lighter (orangy) color; but this is what I could find and for the price, I would not let it pass. BUT ONLY, and ONLY if it is an original EBMM. I have no interest in a fake guitar, and if it were an OLP or a Sterling, I would think about it.
What do you think?
P.S. First time posting here, so please excuse me if I made any mistakes regarding the rules.