SunBlue. The Final Refinish.
Ok so to cut a long story short five years ago I did a very bad job of refinishing this bass. It wasn’t too bad a job, the concept was Daphne Blue over sunburst with the intention of after years of playing the sunburst would eventually start showing through (hate faked relic finishes, earn your stripes!)
Five years later the Acrilic paint I used, over the stock polyurethane finish isn’t creating the modern/classic effect I had in mind… so time to do it properly.
I have successfully refinished a few guitars and basses with nitrocellulose now so fear not I’ve got the hang of it now.
Finished photos to follow.
Got a lot of history with this bass, it’s still my go to #1.