19 Women Selected to Participate in 2nd Annual SWIM Leadership Summit
The Smart Women in Music Fund (SWIM) is pleased to announce the nineteen women selected to attend the 2nd Annual SWIM Leadership Summit, October 12-15, 2021, at the NAMM Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
Led by Dr. Jennifer Hall, the SWIM Summit program supports women working in the music products industry and their goals to connect, support, and grow their leadership and professional abilities. This annual leadership immersion experience will be offered with the applicants receiving the educational experience covered by the awarded scholarship.
The 2021 Class Includes:
- Miranda Altman – Senior Director of Program Operation – Little Kids Rock
- Lauren Amanfoh – President, Royalton Music Center, Inc.
- Hilary Brown – Director of Marketing, Kyser Musical Products
- Lindy Campbell – Founder/Owner – Music on the Hill
- Leanne Chu – Supplier Operations Manager – Gator Cases
- Ana Paula Dobrian – National Account Manager – The Music People
- Rachel Dawsey – Chief Operating Officer – Strait Music Company
- Michele Elefante – Co-Owner of Elefante Music & School for the Performing Arts
- Kathleen Green – Senior Manager, Customer Engagement, Yamaha Corporation of America
- Theresa Hoffman – District Sales Manager, C.F. Martin & CO., Inc
- Tricia Howe – Regional Manager, Educational Services, Prairies with Long & McQuade Limited
- Elisa Janson Jones – Senior Product Manager, Digital – Conn-Selmer, Inc.
- Misty Kristik – VP of Operations/Lesson Administrator – Springfield Music
- Jennifer Mark – Assistant Retail Sales Manager – Senseney Music, Inc.
- Lana Negrete – Owner / Vice President – Santa Monica Music Center
- Kate Olsen – Store Manager & Training Administrator, Menchey Music Service, Inc.
- Wendy Stackhouse – Educational Services Rep – Bertrand’s Music
- Gayle Stewart – General Manager & School Director – High Strung Violins & Guitars
- Hannah Williams – Brand Manager – The British Band Instrument Company (BBICO)
When asked what some of the women hope to gain from the Summit, Gayle Stewart shared, “I want to gain a deeper understanding of myself, my strengths, and weaknesses, my ability to affect change and my leadership goals. Specifically, I would like to meet other women in the industry, listen to their experiences and learn from them. I hope to walk away from the summit with new knowledge, skills, and strategies to make myself a better leader.”
The SWIM Fund envisions a future state of the music industry where at least 10% of the CEO roles and 50% of C-suite positions are held by women (the current state is 2.2%). Our focus with this program is to build leadership skills, confidence, and a lifelong network for inspired, driven women to reach this goal within the next ten years.
The SWIM Leadership Summit would not be possible without the generous contributions from the donors who invest in opportunities to strengthen the leadership future of the music products industry.
SWIM, led by Robin Walenta, President of West Music Co., Crystal Morris, President and CEO of Gator Cases, and DeDe Heid, President of Heid Music, was launched in 2018 and aims to support women in the industry in three key areas: offering mentoring, learning and professional development opportunities at The NAMM Show and Summer NAMM; job shadowing of female leaders at industry events; and in-company residencies.
The post 19 Women Selected to Participate in 2nd Annual SWIM Leadership Summit appeared first on Music Instrument News.