Review – Faith Guitars PJE Legacy Mars Electro-Acoustic
The team at our sister-site Acoustic Review recently took a look at a Faith PJE Legacy Mars Electro, featuring…
- Pickguard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Top Wood: Torrefied Canadian Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Side Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material: Hand-Scalloped Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16″
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl ‘F’ at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic 18:1 Nickel
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: Natural Bone
- Nut Width: 45mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Natural Bone
- Finish Type: PU Lacquer High Gloss all-over
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman Flex Blend / Condenser Mic
- Hardcase Faith Premium Hardcase Included
Faith Says…“Focusing solely on Patrick James Eggle’s historic acoustic body shapes, our new PJE Legacy Series guitars set a new bar for professional excellence.
The Sitka Spruce tops of these guitars have been kiln-aged through a process of torrefaction or torrefication. The Spruce is air dried before being roasted in a kiln with precise controls over atmospheric and oxygen levels to reduce its moisture content. Then as the wood cools, precise amounts of moisture are re-introduced to the wood. The resulting timber is more stable – always good when used as a topwood – and aurally, it produces a rich, mellow tone with a mature voicing which would take perhaps 20 years of waiting to achieve under normal circumstances. Treating Spruce this way has its benefits on the way it looks too with it taking on a golden-caramel colouring that sees this series radiate an authentic, grown-up vibe.
They also feature solid high-figure, Flamed Maple bindings, Figured Ebony fingerboards and bridges, and bone nuts, saddles and bridge pins. Also for the first time in our history – each guitar has a solid Figured Ebony pickguard.
Based upon the Patrick James Eggle ‘Kanuga’ model, this Mars is a classic drop-shoulder dreadnought design. Tonally a great all-rounder, the Mars attracts the player with an eye and ear for tradition.”
Find out the team’s thoughts in the video above!!
Faith PJE Legacy Mars Electro: UK RRP: £1715.00
More Info: www.faithguitars.com
Stock this product? Why not share this completely impartial review with your customers…
For all things acoustic guitar, follow Acoustic Review on social media for all the latest news and special features from the acoustic world…
Also, check out our other sister-sites featuring reviews, news and interviews from the world(s) of electric guitar, drums, keyboards and bass guitar…
The post Review – Faith Guitars PJE Legacy Mars Electro-Acoustic appeared first on Music Instrument News.