Elektron Announce Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition
Swedish musical instrument company Elektron have announced a limited edition of the 8 track dynamic performance sampler.
The Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition is part of the celebration of the Octatrack and its release in 2010. Limited to 350 units, and featuring a striking combination of the aesthetics from the MKI and MKII iterations, the Anniversary Edition is loaded with unique factory content and items. This is a special edition of an extra special machine.
The Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition is available at elektron.se and limited retailers.
In further Octatrack-related news, a standard edition of the Octatrack MKII with black casing is in the works. Keep your eyes peeled!
Since its first appearance, over a decade ago, the Octatrack has been mangling its way into the hearts and minds of live performers and audiences across the globe. Discovering the perfect sample is only the beginning. Twist it, dismantle it, distort it, and carve it into something uniquely yours with a lineup of deep and creative features.
The Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition comes with a custom-designed 32 GB CF card – twice the capacity of the standard MKIIs – loaded with a bunch of exclusive artist content to mark the occasion and only available as part of this limited run.
This new audio ecstasy has been specially put together with the help of serial, long-term Octafriends. There are over 700MB of additional samples supplied by Andreas Tilliander, Skinnerbox, Jogging House, Headless Horseman, Inhalt, and Arc Rae.
Never-before-heard slices of time, straight out of the box, to build your own sonic prophecies.
The Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition box has its own distinct design, complete with a celebratory interpretation of the classic OT logo on a sturdy corrugated fiberboard exterior shell, ensuring everything slips together perfectly.
The box features custom artwork by Tokyo-based graphic artist m7kenji, showing a sweeping tapestry-like blend of Octatrack pixel graphics and other logograms, icons, and scripts. A full-size poster of this design is included as part of the package, ready to adorn any studio wall.
- Audio track features (×8)
- 1 × Specialized machine
- 1 × Track recorder
- 1 × Amplitude envelope
- 3 × LFOs
- 1 × LFO designer
- 2 × Assignable insert effects
- MIDI track features (×8)
- 1 × Arpeggiator
- 3 × LFOs
- 10 × configurable CCs
- 8 × Stereo audio tracks
- 8 × Dedicated MIDI tracks
- Up to 64 steps per pattern
- Individual track lengths
- Individual track time signatures
- Chromatic, Slice, Slot, Quick Mute, and Delay Control modes
- Parameter locks
- Trig conditions
- Sample-per-step change
- Micro timing
- Retrig functionality
- Swing and Slide
- Full real-time control
- CompactFlash card storage
- Amount of Projects dependent on CF card size
- 80 MB Flex RAM per project
- Static sample streaming from CF card
- 256 patterns per Project
- 256 sample slots per Project
- 8 Arrangements per Project
- Quick Performance controls
- Insert effects
- 12/24dB multi-mode filter
- 2-band parametric EQ
- DJ-style kill EQ
- 2-10 stage phaser
- 2-5 tap chorus
- Comb filter
- Lo-Fi (SRR, BR, Dist, and AM)
- Echo freeze delay
- Gatebox plate reverb
- Spring reverb
- Dark reverb
- 128 × 64 pixel OLED screen
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced main
- audio out jacks
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced cue
- audio out jacks
- 4 × 1/4” balanced/unbalanced
- external input jacks
- 1 × 1/4” stereo headphone jack
- 44.1 kHz, 24-bit D/A, and A/D converters
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 port
- Power inlet: Center positive 5.5 × 2.5 mm barrel jack, 12 V DC, 2 A
- Balanced audio outputs
- Main outputs level: +17 dBu peak
- Output impedance: 440 Ω unbalanced
- Digital S/N ratio: 104 dB (20–20,000 Hz)
- Headphones outputs
- Headphones out level: +17 dBu peak
- Output impedance: 55 Ω
- Balanced audio inputs
- Input level: +17 dBu peak
- Audio input impedance: 21 kΩ
- Digital S/N ratio: 106 dB (20–20,000 Hz)
- Electrical specifications
- Unit power consumption: 7 W typical
- Compatible Elektron power supply: PSU-3b
- Physical specifications
- Sturdy steel casing
- Dimensions: W340 × D184 × H63 mm (13.3 × 7.2 × 2.5”) (including knobs, jacks, and rubber feet)
- Weight: approximately 2.3 kg (5 lbs)
- Maximum recommended ambient operating temperature: +40˚C (+104˚F)
- Over 5 GB of high-quality samples on the CF card, with 700 MB unique to this edition
- 3 year Elektron warranty
- Included in the box
- *32 GB custom-designed Hi-Speed CompactFlash card
- *Octatrack Artwork poster by m7kenji
- Power Supply PSU-3c
- Elektron USB cable
- Quick Guide
*(Unique to Anniversary Edition)
The Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition is available at elektron.se for 1499 USD/1499 EUR, as well as limited retailers.
Elektron creates innovative and magnificent electronic musical instruments and devices, widely acclaimed for their stellar sound and immense creativity-unlocking potential. Formed in 1998, the company has its headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden, with a subsidiary in Los Angeles, USA, and Elektron Studios Berlin, our creative event space in the German capital.
The post Elektron Announce Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition appeared first on Music Instrument News.